TGB - MOBILE BANKING SERVICE
Mobile Banking is the “Most Popular Application” under new generation mobile technology. With the rapid growth in the number of mobile phone subscribers in India, banks have been exploring the feasibility of using mobile phones as an alternative channel of delivery of banking services. All the messages originating from mobile banking application are encrypted end to end using 128 bit AES encryption, thus ensuring security in processing the transactions.
“TGB –Mobile Banking” is presently available only in Java enabled Android Smart Phones with GPRS connection. Mobile Banking is the easiest way to reach any customer. TGB –Mobile Baning offers convenient, simple, secure, anytime and anywhere banking 24 X 7 !!!
Customers can now enquire about their accounts maintained at Telangana Grameena Bank by using the Mobile Banking app. To avail this service, the customer needs to visit his/her home branch and fill up the Value Added Services form and submit at the help desk. On update in bank records, the customer can then start using the Mobile App.
This facility is offered FREE OF CHARGE.
Downloading Mobile Banking App:
Android smartPhone users can download our TGB - Mobile Banking App only from Google Play Store.
Note: App downloaded / shared from other sources might have been compromised and pose threat to the customer’s data.
1. Fill-in the Registration Form available in the Branch or Download here .
2. Visit your Branch where you maintain your Current / Savings Bank Account.
3. Submit the duly filled in the Registration Form to the Branch Manager.
4. Receive Customer No. (By default this will be your CIF no.) and MPIN in form of Pre Printed PIN Mailer Kit.
5. After 48 hours or 2 working days whichever is maximum, login with your Customer No. and MPIN.
Services Offered under Mobile banking:
1. Balance Enquiry
a. Balance Enquiry (SB/CA/CC/OD)
b. Fixed Deposit Balance Enquiry (FD/TD/RD)
c. Loan Balance enquiry (LN)
2. Last 5 Transactions
3. Manage Beneficiary
4. Fund Transfer (within TGB or other Bank’s Account)
5. Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
6. Issued Cheque Status
7. Cheque Book Request
8. Stop/revoke Cheque
9. Synchronize Accounts
Business Rules Governing Mobile Banking Services:
• All Current / Savings Bank Account holders in Personal segment are eligible
• Transaction limit per customer per day is ₹20,000/- with a calendar month limit of ₹2,50,000/-
• The service will be carrier-agnostic i.e. all customers can avail the mobile banking service with the Bank irrespective of the service provider for their mobiles.
• The service is free of charge. SMS / GPRS cost will be borne by the customer.
FAQ’s ON MOBILE BANKING:
1. Mobile banking facility can be given to Minor account?
No. Any account opened in the name of a minor or if any minor is a joint account holder, such accounts are not eligible for mobile banking. Branches should ensure the same before sending the request.
2. If a customer forgets his MPIN. How he will get his new MPIN.
If a customer forgets MPIN, then the customer has to apply for a new MPIN with the branch. For new MPIN, he should give the request at the branch. The Branch has to follow the same procedure of registering the user for the Facility. Charges may be applied to the customer for duplicate MPIN.
3. If a Customer entered application password wrongly for more than 6 times and application got locked or Customer entered MPIN (Transaction Password) wrongly for more than 3 times or forgot the MPIN, what is the procedure to be followed?
The application will exit if the application password is entered wrongly for 6 times. The user has to login with CIF and MPIN and set the application password again.
If wrong MPIN is entered by the user, then the app prompts the user that the MPIN is wrong and it continues until correct MPIN is entered. If the user forgets MPIN, then the user has to approach the branch for obtaining a new MPIN.
4. Is there any limitation for amount that can be transferred to other accounts through mobile banking (Inter Bank or Intra Bank)?
Yes. ₹20,000/- per day or ₹2,50,000/- per calendar month.
5. If a transaction done through mobile banking fails, what about the amount already debited to the account? Will it be refunded automatically or manually it will be reversed?
Amount will be automatically refunded. If due to any technical fault, it has not happened then it has to be manually handled.
If the status of the transactions is unknown, the amount will be refunded within 7 working days as per RBI guidelines.
6. Are there any charges for availing Mobile Banking services ?
As of now there is no charge payable to Bank. However, customer will be charged for SMS/data usage by his service provider (for ex: BSNL, Airtel etc.,) as per his plan/guidelines issued by TRAI. Charges may be applicable for the OTP and re-generation of MPIN.
7. What should be done if the customer loses his mobile and informs the branch about the lost.
The branch may inform the same to RO. RO shall inform the same to HO to put a hold on the Mobile Banking facility of the customer.
8. What shall be done of the user doesnt get OTP or informs that there is a delay in receiving the OTP.
Under the normal circumstances, OTP will be received instantly. However, there may be a delay when the MBS server is not responding. In such cases, the user may wait for 15 minutes before initiating the next transaction. The load on the server may increase if the user keeps on initiating transactions. Besides, branch shall ensure that the latest mobile number of the customer is updated in the CBS and is provided in the MBS registration form.
When the MBS server is not available, then the user gets a message as “Login successful” repetitively while initiating any kind of transaction.